To help you learn more about the digital economy and what it means for Canada and Canadians, we have put together a list of key resources and readings. They are organized by the consultation paper's five themes.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in these links are those of the respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the policies or opinions of the Government of Canada.
Innovation Using Digital Technologies
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce, Powering Up the Network: A Report on Small Business Use of E-business Solutions in Canada, February 9
- Information Technology Association of Canada, Leveraging ICT Adoption: What Can Work for Business?
- The Digital Economy in Canada. The Digital Economy in Canada
- Canadian Technology Roadmaps
- Green Supply Chain Management
- The Future of the Internet Economy
- The Seoul Declaration for the Future of the Internet Economy
- OECD Guidelines for the Security of Information Systems and Networks: Towards a Culture of Security
- The Role of Digital Identity Management in the Internet Economy: A Primer for Policy Makers
- The Digital Economy in Canada — Electronic Authentication
- Neogi, Prabir K. and Cordell, Arthur J., Trust and Confidence and the Digital Economy: Issues and Challenges, 2005
- Broadband Canada: Connecting Rural Canadians
- Spectrum Management and Telecommunications
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Canada's Advanced Research and Innovation Network (CANARIE)
Growing the ICT Industry
- Industry Canada, ICT Branch, ICT Sector Statistical Reports
- Information Technology Association of Canada
- Information and Communications Technology Council
- Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance
- Entertainment Software Association of Canada
Canada's Digital Content
- Canadian Heritage website
- Government of Canada Celebrates the Launch of the Canada Media Fund (news release)
- Minister Moore announces Canada Media Fund to give viewers what they want, when they want it (news release)
- Government of Canada Announces Creation of the Canada Interactive Fund (news release)
- Government of Canada Renews Investments in Canadian Books with an Emphasis on Digital Technologies (news release)
- Government of Canada Renews Canada Music Fund and Increases Investment in Digital and International Market Development (news release)
- The Government of Canada Creates Canada Periodical Fund to Better Support Magazines and Community Newspapers (news release)
- The Government of Canada's Response to the Report of the Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage entitled Issues and Challenges Related to Local Television, October 9, 2009
- Canadian Digital Media Network
Building Digital Skills
- Alliance of Sector Councils
The public consultation period ended on July 13, 2010, at which time this website was closed to additional comments and submissions.
Between May 10 and July 13, more than 2010 Canadian individuals and organizations registered to share their ideas and submissions. You can read their contributions—and the comments from other users—in the Submissions Area and the Idea Forum.
- Date modified: